I often find that my image ads (for accounts without reps) get approved within 1 hour, 3 days, or they stay in the ‘review status’ forever.
The Google AdWords queue seems to break quite often as I’ve seen this trend for more than a year where most images are not either approved or disapproved – they just sit in the review status. This leaves marketers in a state of perpetual waiting.
There seems to be two quick ways to get images approved:
Use the Display Ad Builder
When you select the display ad builder option, you can choose a template to customize and quickly build out rich media ads.
These ads are good, not great, as they are being built from templates. I do like the system for quickly creating and testing image ad messages.
There are two major advantages to using the Display Ad Builder:
- It’s easy to create image ads
- The ads seem to be approved very quickly
I can only count a handful of times when I had to ask Google to approve my display ad builder ads.
Contact AdWords Support
Contacting Google for ad approval purposes seems a bit convoluted as Google has some pretty bad forms and explanations of what a form does. I do find if you contact them about approvals, the ads are almost always reviewed within 1-3 days. To contact Google to have your images (or any ads) approved, follow these steps:
- Click on the help link (make sure you’re not blocking popups as a popup window will appear)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘contacting us’
- Navigate to Ad visibility, approvals and performance > ad approval and policies > how long does it take my ad to be approved
- On the side of the page, click email
- Fill out the very short form (contact info, ad group, campaign)
- Submit data
The form doesn’t really say what’s going to happen, but if you fill it out – then your ads will re-enter the AdWords approval queue.
Of course, if you have a rep – feel free to contact your rep as they can help put the ads back into the review process, and some can expedite the process.