The SEMMYs honor the best articles and blog posts in various search marketing categories for the previous year. This year, I received two nominations. One for a post here at bg Theory, and another one for an article at Search Engine Land.
Since others nominate these articles, I can’t choose them. If I would have nominate my own articles for 2009 of course I’d have picked more than two, and here is the entire list:
- Search Engine Land Articles
- How To Bid Profitably On Non-converting Keywords
- 5 Ways To Track Phone Calls Generated From PPC Clicks
- Beginners Guide To Creating Mobile AdWords Campaigns
- Ignoring The Content Network? Think Again To Vastly Improve Conversions
- Everything You Need To Know About AdWords Display URLs
- bg Theory Blog
- How to Create Google Analytics Profiles that Lead to Profitable Actions
- Privacy or Convenience? Which path will you take with Firefox and Google AdWords?
- AdWords Retiring Google Mobile Business Pages – Quick Mobile Site Creation Guide
- Case Study Showcases Conventional Wisdom Failing when Search and Content are Not Treated Separately
- Step by Step Guide to Checking your Entire PPC Account for Broken Links
- Other Places
- Keyword Research & Refinement in 3 Easy Steps RSS Ray. I’d link to the interview that went along with the post, but I can’
- ROI Implications of PPC Campaign Management Tactics Webmaster Radio Interview on PPC Rockstars
SEMMY Nominations Throughout the Years
- Microsoft adCenter & Google AdWords Resources to make your life easier when Yahoo Search Marketing is replaced by adCenter
Brad Geddes, bgTheory | 7/29/09
- 7 Incredibly Valuable But Underused Free Tools For PPC Marketers
Brad Geddes, Search Engine Land | 12/7/09
- What Yahoo’s New Minimum Bid Means To You
Brad Geddes, Search Engine Land | 4/28/08
- What Should You Do When Quality Score Kills Your Keywords?
Brad Geddes, Search Engine Land | 7/25/08
- 9 Myths Of Landing Page Quality Score
Brad Geddes, Search Engine Land | 12/8/08
- How to Lower Your AdWords Minimum Bid
Brad Geddes, eWhisper | 4/16/07
- Understanding IP Targeting for PPC Campaigns
Brad Geddes, eWhisper | 1/28/07
I’d also recommend reading articles in your favorite categories at the SEMMY’s website as a tremendous amount of work goes into picking and categorizing all of these articles throughout a year. Here is the PPC category.