Paid Search accounts are managed differently based upon if they are in-house or through an agency.
Agencies and in-house marketers have different reporting channels, stakeholders, and budget justifications.
One of my favorite in-house managers is Purna Virgi. When I first met Purna, many years ago, she was focused on paid search. Over the years, she has been so successful that she now manages a wide range of projects and initiatives at Stroll, one of the top language software companies in the world.
On this episode of Marketing Nirvana, Purna and I discuss both challenges and solutions of in-house PPC management.
We cover such topics as:
- In-House vs Outsourcing all or part of traffic acquisition
- Monitoring and working with vendors
- In-house knowledge required to work well with vendors
- In-house communication
- Expectation setting for vendors and management
- Getting management buy-in
- Delivering good & bad news to management
- And quite a bit more
You can easily connect with Purna on:
Purna also did a great presentation on In-House management at SMX, which I’ve embedded below.
You can also see the full archives of the show, including the speakers on the Marketing Nirvana Radio Show page.
- Conversion Optimization with Brian Massey
- Learn How to Audit Your PPC Account with Joe Kerschbaum
- Google Product Search Changes – Everything You Need to know from RKG
- Facebook Landing Pages with Lisa Raehsler
- Local Marketing with Mike Blumenthal
- Automated bid management with James Zolman
- YouTube marketing success with Manny Rivas
- Phone call tracking with David Szetela
- And many more highly relevant episodes
I hope you enjoy the show.