The latest episode of Marketing Nirvana focuses on competitive analysis for display Campaigns. These display campaigns could be GDN, or any other of the display networks. While we specifically focus on display, much of what is discussed could be applied to search analysis as well.
To fully explore this topic, I invited Mike Colella to be on the show. Mike is the founder of AdBeat.com, a display competitive analysis tool, and he has some nice insights into why and how to perform competitive analysis.
Mike and I cover a range of topics such as:
- Why tracking competition is useful
- How to determine who to track
- Some of the key points to track (placements, ads, landing pages, etc)
- What you should do with this data
- Data quality
- How to choose a competitive analysis vendor
- And much more
More links for the show:
Finding The Episode:
We’ve been recording shows for 3 years now, and here’s some of our past episodes of Marketing Nirvana:
- PPC War Stories with Matt Van Wagner
- Remarkeitng Pro Tips Part 1 & 2 with Rob Sieracki
- Quality Score with Fred Vallaeys
- Mobile advertising best practices with Lisa Raehsler
- Google AdWords Flexible Bid Strategies with John Lee
- Adapting to the Overhaul of Google AdWords Enhanced Campaigns with Melissa Mackey
- Starting & Growing your PPC Agency with David Szetela
- Everything You Need to Know About Bing Ads With John Gagnon
- Off Page SEO Factors with Todd Mailcoat
- On page SEO Factors with Todd Mailcoat
- And many more..
I hope you enjoy the show.