I find that some of the most entertaining and enlightening conversations I have with other marketers is stories with how their clients act, how to deal with problem clients, their fun stories, worst stories, Google problems, and so forth.
Its amazing what you can learn from just hearing how others have dealt with both good and bad issues that have arisen over the years.
I thought this would be a great topic to cover on Marketing Nirvana: Educational, yet Entertaining, marketing stories. So, I invited Matt Van Wagner to join me for a show, and he graciously accepted.
We started talking about:
- Cause marketing
- How to make a profit and yet still do good for the world
- Our best clients
- What makes a great client
- Dealing with feature creep & scope issues
- How to fire a client and still end up on good terms
- What happens when Google changes something and you get blamed
- and lots of entertaining tidbits in-between
The show was going so well, we decided to record a double episode. In the second episode we cover being the middle person between clients and the search engines and how to be a good agent and middle man when there are three parties involved.
The first show will air on April 7 at 9am PST / Noon EST at Webmaster Radio. Shortly after the show airs, you can download it from iTunes, download the WebmasterRadio.fm Google Play App and listen on your Android phone. You can also check your favorite music player to see if we’re streaming there yet. We are currently on many stations, such as TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
Learn More about Matt Van Wagner:
While your waiting for the first show, you can check our past episodes of Marketing Nirvana:
- Remarkeitng Pro Tips Part 1 & 2 with Rob Sieracki
- Quality Score with Fred Vallaeys
- Mobile advertising best practices with Lisa Raehsler
- Google AdWords Flexible Bid Strategies with John Lee
- Adapting to the Overhaul of Google AdWords Enhanced Campaigns with Melissa Mackey
- Starting & Growing your PPC Agency with David Szetela
- Everything You Need to Know About Bing Ads With John Gagnon
- Off Page SEO Factors with Todd Mailcoat
- On page SEO Factors with Todd Mailcoat
- And many more..
I hope you enjoy the shows.