I am pleased to announce that the 2nd edition of Advanced Google AdWords is coming soon.
It is already available for pre-order on Amazon.
It was quite the journey writing the 2nd edition. I had thought that working from the first edition and then adding what was new, editing what has changed, and adding some new test cases wouldn’t be too difficult.
I was wrong.
It was amazing to see how much AdWords has changed in two years. When you work with AdWords every day, you just adopt the small changes that occur each week and keep going.
When you need to examine AdWords from two years ago, you realize:
- Remarkeing didn’t exist
- Modified broad match wasn’t introduced
- Quality Score was calculated differently
- Local business ads were in
- Google places didn’t exist
- There were no ad extensions
- There was a ‘reports’ interface
- There were different bidding options
- Topic targeting and interest targeting didn’t exist
- Google Display Network was still named the content network
- and the list goes on
The specs for this edition included roughly 60 new pages of content, over a hundred pages of major rewrites, and endless pages of minor rewrites.
I owe a special thanks to Matt van Wagner who did the technical editing for this edition. His comments, insights, and incredibly detailed fact and math checking makes me feel especially confident that this edition will benefit anyone.
After nearly 7 months of working, the edition is almost ready for publishing. Current timelines suggest it will be ready on April 24, 2012.
I hope you enjoy the new edition – a lot of work, thought, and editing went into making this the best AdWords book published to date.
Note: that is the cover from the 1st edition. I don’t have the 2nd edition cover yet.