I recently wrote about the simplest way to jumpstart your keyword research. First, read that post. Secondly, come back and use these sites to examine the results.
- Your site
- Your top competitors site
- The DMOZ page for your category
- The Yahoo Directory page for your category
- If you’re a location based business, try the local.com search results for your keywords
- Is the number one page/site in the organic results related to your keywords?
- If yes, spider for keywords
- If no, spider for negative keywords
- Google News or Yahoo News. Do a search for your keyword first (this one might not be around forever. Google doesn’t normally let their results get spidered)
- The top authority magazine’s or newspaper site in your industry.
- The sites where you get your news about your industry
- Any sites you regularly watch for information about your industry
- If it’s one of your industry resources, spider it for new keywords
Share and Enjoy